• Preaching ought to be joy, and yet it may become a task. Constant preaching should be constant enjoyment.—Charles Spurgeon
• If ministers only saw the preciousness of Christ, they would not be able to refrain from clapping their hands with joy and exclaiming, “I am a minister of Christ.”—Robert Murry McCheyne
• Let us rejoice with one another that in a world where there are a great many good and happy things for men to do, God has given us the best and happiest and made us to be preachers of this truth.—Phillips Brooks, in his Yale Lectures
• I might have entered the ministry if certain clergymen I knew had not looked and acted so much like undertakers.—Oliver Wendell Holmes
• Thank God for the joy of ministry.—Warren Wiersbe
Morgan, R. J. (2000). Nelson’s complete book of stories, illustrations, and quotes (electronic ed.). Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.